Monday, September 28, 2020

Project 365, Week 38

This was our 3rd week of hybrid school and soccer. The hybrid makes it challenging to fall into a routine, but the kids have plenty of school work to do at least. We're counting our blessings!

September 14
Ginger is not a fan of getting a bath but she complies. 


September 15
Avery was our newest 1st place finisher!!


September 16
"Wellness Wednesday" When Shaun and I swapped office/home duty, I found the kids busy in the kitchen with Hamilton blasting.



September 17
This day always causes me to pause and reflect and remember and mourn and be grateful. On this day six years ago I had my first colonoscopy to investigate pain and symptoms I'd been having for a while. Shaun and I can still go back to the moment the GI doctor very gently told me she had found a mass that would need to be biopsied. Had we not been so naive, we would've known right then what she was saying to us, but we were inexperienced and went home, satisfied to wait the two days for results. Years later I would find out that, behind the scenes, the doctor and nurses involved were crying about what they already knew to be true. 

My official day of diagnosis was September 19th, but this day has always stayed with me as the first day of my life being changed forever. Sometimes I peek around the corner at a handful of the hard memories but I can barely stand to look back and think through what happened. Sometimes I'm sad it had to be this way, but mostly I'm here in the present, celebrating the true miracle it is that I'm still alive, and soaking in beautiful, wonderful, regular life.

Shaun and I took advantage of it being one of our two school days and went out to lunch on a gorgeous, almost-fall day.

Amanda asked me to walk with her because she'd found some pretty trees that were changing color.



September 18
Amanda made cookies to take to her bible quiz group.


It was a cool evening to be outside for bible quiz and then youth group, but the sky was so pretty!


September 19
Our first official soccer game for Aiden's town rec team. Shaun is assistant coaching. The team is largely inexperienced and the head coach, too so Shaun has lots of opportunities to grow in his character and people skills. I adore him for the passion and excellence he has, even in rec soccer :) 






Amanda and I were Aiden's fans. There wasn't a person within 10 feet of us and we were outside, but still we were required to wear our masks for the entire game or risk forfeiting. Sigh. On the bright side, it helped keep me a bit warmer. :)


Our neighborhood fall block party didn't amount to much, since it was decided to not involve food. Still a good chance to check in with people.


September 20
Amanda had arranged for me to take her and a couple friends to the mall. To make it less painful, Shaun agreed to go with me, so we just brought the whole family. Aiden and I spent some time in our favorite store. I read a book for about 20 minutes everyday, I have pretty much my whole life. But when I'm in the book store or the library, I wish is was more like 2 hours a day! :)


They are every stereotype of teens at the mall. :)


 

1 comment:

  1. I should have called on the 17th. I remember 17 and 19 very well. I, too, am very grateful. Love you! Congrats to Avery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.