Sunday, September 13, 2020

Project 365, Week 35

I tried to soak in this last week of summer before school started. It was a normal week with some special sprinkled in...that's my favorite kind of week. The weather was very helpful, too!

August 24
We took the Teen Bible Quiz group out on a little outing. Its been so much fun leading this crew!

We found a lovely spot for a picnic.

August 25

It was orientation day for my newest middle schooler and high schooler. I've done this before but it was still a gut-punch dropping them at the door and sending them off. They got to be there for 2 hours, meeting their teachers and finding classrooms without the upper classmen around. Both Aiden and Amanda felt more confident and excited afterwards.



Speaking of transitions, our nephew has finished up homeschooling through 8th grade and is headed into high school. In keeping with their family tradition, Amy put together a night with older, wiser people who love Trevor and are invested in his life to speak a blessing over him and be there to support him. It was a truly beautiful, sacred night.



August 26

I love walks with Aiden. He takes advantage of our uninterrupted time and talks...sometimes he shares facts and sometimes he shares his heart but always he is a delight.



Lovely evening to sit out at a summer soccer scrimmage.



August 27

I peeked out the front window and saw that the sun was about to do something extra special so Ginger and I went and sat on the front lawn to watch the show.


August 28

I've been walking a 2-mile route with the dog in the morning. I love talking to Jesus and looking for light and other pretty things.



Youth group is still able to take advantage of the nice weather and meet outside. I'm so grateful for this place my kids have to learn and grow and connect with mentors and friends.


While the kids were doing that, Shaun and I went on a dinner date.

August 29

Amanda is in her happy place when she's baking something in the kitchen.


We watched the weekend church service and then had hot dogs and s'mores with friends.

August 30

Morning walk.


I made a special dinner for the kids on the eve of their first day of school. They were tickled by the thought and effort and the "party favor", a bottle of hand sanitizer. :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.