Thursday, September 9, 2021

Project 365, Week 36

School started this week and Labor Day came, both unofficially ending summer. We are excited and hopeful for what this new school year brings!

August 30
First scrimmage of the high school soccer season! Shaun and I love to watch the kids play and its fun to see the girls on the field together.






August 31
Three-course fondue for our night-before-school meal.


September 1
11, 10 & 7th grades!






Dakota was sad to wake up and find that the kids were gone. This was not his first day of school because I'd been holding out, hoping his situation would change.


Construction + Algebra


September 2
We have a few computers set up at the new building now. It allows me to do office work, while being available as design decisions need to be made. Dakota is used to wandering around. As I was working across the hall, listening in on Sesame Street from the other room, it brought me back to the many years of working from home with littles. At the time I didn't give it much thought...I just learned to work while they were sleeping and during the one full hour of Sesame Street that came on at 10 AM (and often Barney that followed). Now when I think about it, I wonder how it all got done.


The rain has caused our stream to be a rushing river.


Shaun and I closed a big account and did what we're not great at....we paused a moment to celebrate the win. Our foster care agency had given us a gift card, so we took the family out. We snapped a couple photos while we waited outside for our table. Our life is cRaZy but there's no one else I'd rather do it with.


September 3
With some effort, I got Dakota registered for PreSchool. We went first thing in the morning to check it out...he quickly made himself at home. He's very adaptable!



September 4
Katie and I took a group to New Hampshire for a Teen Bible Quiz orientation day. 




The girls had to miss it for their soccer tournament.


Amy hosted the kickoff of LobsterFest weekend at her house. It was a lovely evening to sit on the back deck and catch up with family.




September 5
And Sunday was at our house, this year with the inclusion of brunch, because the day didn't already hold enough carbs! ;) So, so fun and good.  It filled my heart to be with these people and to hear our home buzzing with talking and laughter.

We worked around the raindrops with Scattegories, Bingo, football, volleyball. New this year was an in-person draft for the fantasy football league with just family members. I've watched it happen but its still unbelievable how old all the kids have gotten. Year 17!!! of LobsterFest!































Kiki has always been so good at learning what the kids are interested in and trying to stay relevant and involved in their lives. To that end, she joined the fantasy team this year, which I think is so gutsy! C4 spent some time showing her some tips and tricks.







 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post!!! Love the girls in their first day dresses. And your dress on your big account close- Congrats! Thanks for LF.....your pictures and recap are amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first day pics! Can't believe how old the girls are. Lobster Fest looked wonderful like always. But my favorite of the week is the one of you and Shaun on your celebration night!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.