Saturday, December 31, 2022

Project 365, Week 52

Post-Christmas/Pre-New Year week, with a somewhat major surgery thrown in. Even still, we were net-positive on a good week. So much to be thankful for!

December 26
In no time, Christmas was put away and there was no evidence that 28 people had sat together and enjoyed another Christmas together.


December 27
The long-awaited surgery day. Just kidding....it was actually only 22 days from the time it was first breathed as a possibility to the time it was completed..

We got whisked right in so we only caught a quick glimpse of the wow-worthy holiday hall.


We had set aside a couple days of this week to go away with Amy's family, as we've done the last couple years. We had looked into places to stay, thrown around options, but came to the conclusion that what the kids most wanted was 1. to be together 2. to have a pool and 3. to have good common areas for games and floor hockey. 

When we found out about surgery, Amy immediately insisted that they'd stay at a hotel outside of the city where we've been several times this past year during radiation and such. It ended up being just right for what we needed. 

The crew headed down mid-day and got to work having fun. :)












I have so little memory of the four hours in recovery. Somehow I ended up with a cup of tea. 


When Shaun finally got to the hotel at 10pm, the kids met him down in the lobby.


December 28
They have cameras in the room and if you try to get out of bed unassisted, a nurse immediately comes on the speaker to tell you to get back in bed and wait for help. I know this because I got busted.



Colombo doing a great job being the fun uncle while Amy and Shaun were at the hospital with me. 


And Pop and Kiki were caring for their grand dog. :)






December 29
I slept well at the hotel and, though I was able to move very well, I was able to see the beautiful sunrise when Shaun opened the curtain. 

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness



Shaun and Amy worked together to get me up and about for the day and while the kids were still sleeping, Amy and I had a delicious breakfast at the hotel restaurant.








We have a huge, caring, generous, there-for-us community. In a variety of ways, these sweet faces take the brunt of the hard stuff, and have for many years. I wish I didn't have to ask this of them, but I'm so very grateful they are on my side.


After getting most of the day at the hotel, we headed home and it was so good to walk in the door!


December 30
I didn't make it out of my bathrobe, but I did get outside in the sunshine for a bit.


And Shaun and Avery fixed a tree that was falling from the last storm.


My dad picked up Aiden and they went to see Renna and Rocco playing in their hockey tournament.


December 31
For New Year's Eve, the three kids were together with friends and Shaun and I were together at home. It was a quiet night and early for me.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.