Monday, April 3, 2023

Project 365, Week 13

March 27
My assistant preparing fondue for Family Night. :)


March 28
Hoping and believing for a break in treatment, I cued the Rocky music in my head and did a 4:30 AM workout before our early departure. There's so much I can't do, such as run and jump, but there is also a long list of things I can do. Working out helps me stay in a good mental place, it makes me feel strong and it helps my overall health to best fight.


The girls skipped school and did the trip to New York with me for CT scans. We had such a fun day together making lemonade out of lemons.


March 29
Amanda is determined to work hard this last, fresh quarter of her junior year.


March 30
Dress rehearsal for The Passion.

A great light dawns in Galilee
Some say madman, some say King
Wonder-workin' rebel priest
Jesus Christ the Nazarene

He knew well what it would take
To free us all from sin and grave
A perfect man would have to die
And only He could pay that price


Then He carried that cross to Calvary
And He shed His blood to set us free
As the nails went in and the sky went dark
The redemption of the world was on His heart

Then He breathed His last and bowed His head
The Son of God and Man was dead
With bloody hands, tears on their face
They laid Him down inside that grave

But that wasn't the end
Hallelujah, He's alive
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Don't lose hope 'cause Sunday is comin'
Hallelujah, hallelujah



March 31
Pop and Kiki came to watch Aiden destroy the competition. :)


April 1
The kids were working and at church serving, so after work, Shaun and I went on a date.


April 2
My dad was guest preaching at a nearby church so Amanda and I went to the service. Seeing him leading a congregation in songs, hearing him speak truth from the Bible, witnessing him genuinely and quietly loving and caring for "the least of these"...it feels like home to me. I'm beyond grateful.


Avery and Jack celebrated their one-year dating anniversary with a day in Boston. They stopped at two different churches to visit with two different families who were formerly pastors at our church. They successfully maneuvered the big city.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.