Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Celebration

On Sunday we celebrated Aiden's first birthday.  We have such a loyal, supportive family and it was so special to have everyone here.
A cousin tickle session.
Cousin Alayna will be one in September...
...cousins Rocco and Levi have been one for two whole months already.  Here they are giving Aiden some insider tips.
Great-grandpa...1 and 91!
The girls decorated the "smash cake" especially for Aiden...he liked it!
This video is mainly for the family that could not be there.  If you are not family, it may just seem like craziness in the background. :)


We also had a dedication service for Aiden.  Our church situation has been...um complicated over the last year, so we finally decided to just do it at our house.  My dad did the service and our immediate family was present.  It was a very unique and special time and now he is officially the Lord's.

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.
I Samuel 1:27,28

2 comments:

  1. One year already? It goes by so fast doesn't it? Almanzo is already 9 months and I can't believe he was a teeny tiny newborn only 9 months ago. He's grown SO fast! And Valerie will be TWO on the 24th. I just want them to slow down so I can enjoy every moment, but they just don't seem to listen. ;) Thanks for sharing the pictures - I love the picture with great grandpa. What a blessing! And the smash cake is awesome! Happy Birthday Aiden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really special day. I love that you had the dedication at your house - for some reason that seems even more special.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.