Monday, August 8, 2016

Project 365, Week 32

Shaun and I were able to get away for a few days...the first time its been just the two of us for a non-medical reason in a while. It was nice. We also dealt with some drama while we were away. Foster care, by its very definition is messy. Much of it is out of our control, and there are regularly bumps and surprises and hard. It takes determination, tons of love, grace and prayer.

I am in awe of my husband, who handles every situation with such wisdom and patience. He has such a heart for helping people and its beautiful to watch.

Despite the week's challenges, we still made good memories.

August 1
We arrived at our mountain lodge in Vermont late the night before. We picked it off of Groupon, $60 per night which included a full breakfast. Perfect!

The town clearly has the infrastructure to accommodate many people, but we were there in the "off" season so it was quite quiet.


Our room faced the golf course. We were close enough that when Shaun was putting hole six and I was standing on our room's balcony, we were able to talk. :)


A romantic dinner at a restaurant down the street. Most were closed for the season so it was easy to pick. This one ended up being so amazing we went twice.


August 2
A beautiful view at the top, about a three hour hike.





I have a new niece...my 20th niece/nephew! This is sweet Willow.


August 3
The hike the day before had gone so well, we decided we were game for more of a challenge. We hiked Mt. Killington, which has a 4000 ft. elevation...we hiked 2400 ft of it. The weather could not have been better!

As we neared the summit, a man was coming down. He took one look at me and warned that the remainder was "incredibly difficult". We smiled and thanked him but it was actually kind of an obnoxious thing to say at that point in our journey. Besides, I could have told him hours of stories about "incredibly difficult" things I've done. :) Despite his well-meaning warning, we made it to the top and the views were breath-taking.











While we were away, the kids missed us terribly and had no fun at all. ;) So grateful for family!









 

August 4
Together again!


August 5
My sister's (Baby Willow's mom :) kids are up from Texas for a couple weeks with their grandparents. We were invited over for a couple hours on the lake to see them...it'd been more than a year and Allie and Levi have grown so much!







August 6
Remind me each morning of your constant love, for I put my trust in you.


August 7
Shaun's mom got the family together for a picnic on a perfect summer afternoon. Then the water balloons came out.... :)


August 8
We dropped H off at his last summer camp, I'm praying it goes well. I chose it because I think it could be life-impactful...he could use a few wins.

Our desire at Camp J is to create a place where friendships can grow and people can learn. Camp is about developing the life skills that help campers build and maintain positive relationships, learn about the difference in others, and feel confident in the person they are becoming. Our staff are selected for their maturity, character and leadership capabilities, as well as their desire to be positive role models and mentors to our campers.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry I've been absent - too much going on these days!

    That hiker WAS obnoxious - you look VERY fit and capable to me. I'm so glad you had a good time in such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.