Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Project 365, Week 34

I set a goal to use my actual camera (not just the one on my phone) each day this week, as a way of being deliberate about taking photos and for practice. I am a noticer of beauty and pictures are an expression of my gratitude. These pictures aren't exclusively from my "big camera" but I did manage to use it each day and it was fun.  

August 14
First day of 9-3 soccer skills camp. They smiled here, but actually there was a fair amount of whining happening. Do we have to go? Why did you sign me up?? Argh!


After pick-up, I thought maybe I should sweeten the deal a little with sugar, since the satisfaction of sweat and hard work wasn't getting it done for them. ;)


August 16
Men at work.


How great is our God?!


Working on a model WWII plane.


August 17
The girls tried on uniforms so we could take inventory of what we have, what we need. Incredibly, Amanda moves from jumper to skirt and vest this year as she enters MIDDLE school. What is happening??



With the teens off in other places for the evening, we set out for a little "us five" time.





Real life snapshot. Hey moms of little kids...before you know it, they will be doing a wide variety of chores. You will not be the sole kitchen cleaner forever.


August 18
Amanda's new game with the dog...Chase the Zipliner. All the better if you are wearing shin guards and a bright pink bathrobe while doing it. ;)


First soccer practice for Amanda's team. Shaun has made enough of a reputation for himself over the last couple seasons that they asked him to coach the competition team. I'm so proud of him. Everything he does is with excellence, even coaching U12 girls.


August 19
After two weeks at ranch camp, it was finally time to pick up J! We missed her so much and it was great to be back with her. She's such a bright light and a good buddy.




We stopped for lunch to celebrate the reunion.


August 20
All on their own, the four girls went shopping for school supplies. They carefully shopped for the best deals, and reasoned that they could make do with the package of cheap pens instead of the expensive ones. Or the plain folders instead of the designer ones. They used the self check out so they could double check the items on their list and make sure the prices were right. It was our first run at something like that and it went great. They had fun and spent much less if I'd been there.


Dinner on the porch and family game night makes this mama happy.





1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I love so much of this week! That sky?! The three posing before soccer camp?! Swoon! My long-running favorite: the uniforms!!! I'm gushing but I think it's because I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.