Sunday, June 17, 2018

Project 365, Week 22

It was a fun, full week. June is always that was, as school and summer overlap. There are necessary things to finish up, such as big projects and finals and field trips and soccer seasons but the weather is lovely and the days are light. So we do the June dance and take it all in.

May 28
Memorial Day was a nice quiet morning, quiet being relative around here. ;)




We stopped at two cemeteries to honor both of Shaun's grandfathers who fought in WWII.



Amy hosted some family from Idaho who we get to see only rarely. My parents are both from the west and nearly all of their family is still there. Growing up, my parents were so faithful to load up the family station wagon and drive out there every other year and I'm so grateful for the connection we have to them because of that effort.



(My dad and his nephew, my cousin).


May 29
No picture.

May 30
When Sloan hospital scheduled my 6-month check-ups for our anniversary day, I decided to just leave the built-in excuse for Shaun and I to spend the day together.  So we headed to NYC and did a full morning of appointments. It was good to see my doctors, people who are so dear to my heart. It was even better to hear them say they are HAPPY with how things look.


It was a beautiful day so we did a lot of walking and hanging out in Central Park.


A couple years ago we came really close to "death doing us part", so now our love is bigger, our hearts are more grateful and we truly see each additional day we have together as a gift. My heart is so full because of the love and life we've shared for 24 married years. God has truly been gracious to us.


May 31
Peonies are in my top three favorite flowers.



After I took the above "Instagram-worthy" photos, I stepped out a little to show what this little section of the yard actually looks like. I think its healthy to sometimes pull back and get a clear picture of what our lives look like....to see the messy, sinful parts that have gone unattended, to acknowledge the things we wished were different but are out of our control. But then to focus in on the beauty, to give thanks for the places that are healed and to realize there is hope for the rest.


June 1
Sarah organized a lovely evening with us SILs....dinner and a show. I don't take for granted that the people in our families are also our friends....we are so blessed.

"Love Never Dies" was marginal, but the evening was delightful.


June 2
Aiden and Pop got their poles wet and Kiki sent me a beautiful capture.


We booked an appointment for a potential renter/buyer to see our house, so we began our first week of Operation Declutter. It feels good to clear out but its also sad.


Amanda and Trevor graduated from Promiseland, to move on to youth group and Renna moved into Promiseland. All the cliches of how are they this big already??





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.