Monday, November 12, 2018

November's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Saturday).
{Document a snapshot of your life; find beauty among the ordinary things in your day! }

My 3-month trial to Crossfit ended, so I am back in the basement starting a new 8-week program with FitnessBlenders. I'm also loving the Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel. Maybe because my life is so wild and unpredictable or maybe because I'm getting old, but I love the reliability of the feel-good, light-hearted, every-thing-works-out-in-the-end story lines. And Christmas is packed into as much of each scene as possible. Just don't tell Shaun, since its still well before Thanksgiving. ;)


I don't spend time with God each day because I'm super spiritual. Seriously. Left on my own I am selfish, judgmental, critical, impatient, self-righteous, and fearful, just to name a few. I spend time with God because I am acutely aware of my need of a Savior.


Shaun was a corporate sponsor of a local road race and J and I volunteered at the registration table. Runners are such a great group of people!


We were there a couple hours and it was nice to see all the ways that veterans and military personnel were honored. So, so grateful to them for their service.


Scrabble and boggle have been the go-to games lately.


We went to pick up items to add to the shoeboxes we'll be putting together next weekend with our extended family. The items will be sent internationally to children who have been affected by poverty, war, natural disasters, disease.


The girls all got puzzle books too...sudukos and word searches were the favorites.


Amanda helped me put dinner together so it would be ready after church.


Still more games...

I love teaching in the 2 & 3 year-old class, especially when it happens to be a small, super-chill group (which happens about once a year).


Amanda had a sleepover with a friend from church.


Hot tub! Not pictured, but I should video it...at some point, Aiden and Amanda will get out of the hot tub and see how long they can stand shivering in the cold air (this night it was in the low 30s!). Its hilarious!





1 comment:

  1. Backpack is still going strong over here! :) I love the shot of the girls at the counter with their puzzle books!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.