Friday, January 25, 2019

Project 365, Week 2

Its January, the time of year when I fight the urge to hibernate. :)

January 7
We had our annual company-wide meeting, now with five people!


January 8
My dad stopped by for a while and Avery taught him Boggle.


January 9
I went out with some neighbors on the premise of planning our neighborhood progressive dinner. They also shared some struggles and I felt so privileged to be brought in to their story.


January 10
I try to soak up the sun and blue sky when it comes around because in January, I struggle without it.


January 11
For the first time, I had the baby's mom drive part way to meet me. She was 30 minutes late and I was waiting I was talking on my phone, trying to help negotiate an argument between two kids who were at home alone. My phone was plugged in, so it drained my car battery. I called my knight, who had to leave work and come rescue me while I waited in a cold car entertaining a six-month old baby. Good times. :)


Later that night we got to host Avery and Amanda's youth group small group or "Tribe" as we call it. SUCH a nice group of girls and SUCH great leaders.




After dinner we went to the skating rink. I only watched, but was fascinated by the crowd at open skate. There were teens being silly, couples holding hands. There was an older gentleman wearing a helmet, fully aware of the brevity of life and his non-invincibilty. And then there was this sweet scene of a father kneeling with his child, the father knowing this is for the ultimate good of the child. The child not fully trusting that the father has her good in mind, not fully believing that by obeying what the father is telling her, she will experience fun and freedom that she never would have by staying clinging to the wall.

How many times have we asked our children to trust us? How many times have we asked them to push past the fear because there is something good on the other side? How many times has my Heavenly Father shown me that by heeding his instructions, trusting in his plan, I can skate with purpose, the cool air blowing across my face, not having to stay clinging to the wall. It was a powerful picture for me to see in that moment.

I'm convinced middle school kids are the bravest of us all.





January 12
Yay for morning snuggles.


And big blue eyes.





Cousin time!



January 13



We got to see an official performance of "The Keys". Brent has a beautiful heart and an impactful ministry.


Aiden has an awesome group of "bros" at church, its so fun to watch their developing friendships.





1 comment:

  1. I agree that middle school kids are the bravest of us all! It’s always an encouragement to me to see their bravery, especially when I lack my own bravery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.