Thursday, January 31, 2019

Project 365, Week 4

I shared in several people's pain this week, something I count as such an honor but its also heavy. I wonder at how life can be so difficult and hopeless and stunning and magical. Sometimes what we experience is a direct result of choices made and sometimes there was no choice made at all, its just the side of the tracks we were born on. Sometimes we treat our bodies well and still get sick and sometimes we abuse our bodies and live to be 100. The less I understand about the hows and whys, the more I trust and believe in God.

January 21
Sweet girl...I picked her up from her weekend youth retreat and we drove the long drive to drop the baby off.


January 22
SO cold, SO icy, SO pretty.


The kids have taken to grabbing my camera to snap random photos around the house. My really expensive one is and has always been off limits. Yet still, even if they are side by side, Amanda will take the one she's not allowed to have. That is what she did right before she came over to take this. I impatiently reminded her...again...that she needed to use the other camera. She grabbed the authorized camera and said, Mom, you might want to fix your frustrated face, I'm going to take a picture. Oh, that girl!

January 23
My newly-moved-out daughter texted saying she missed me and could we meet. She's only been gone 23 days, but it felt SO lovely and freeing to be talking with her from my new friend and mentor position. I don't need (or want) to know all the details and I can just say (in a nice, kind way), hope that idea/plan/logic works out for you. ;)


January 24
Tons of rain, enough that the hot tub filled to overflowing and the covers floated off. Amanda felt 50 degrees was warm enough to go paddle boarding with the covers.




Shaun and Avery toiled over her class choices for high school. She seems to be catching the vision of AP and college classes, understanding it will have lots of future benefits.


January 25
Sometimes he's racing out the door, sometimes we have time to chat before the school bus comes.



January 26
Saturdays are for sports.



January 27
We finished our 2000 piece puzzle, a household record.


Amanda and Aiden had siblings friends over. The boys played nerf and laser guns, while the girls took a more relaxing approach to the day.


3 comments:

  1. Will Avery be going to EOS next year? If so she will be in class with my Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've explored it, its an AMAZING school! Our older daughter goes there and we have only been very pleased with it. I think Avery will go to the highschool in our town. Logistically it makes more sense and we think she'll be able to get a comparable education. That's awesome that you'll get 4 years of EO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you have an alternative in town. I wish we did. I think EOS is a great school, but it would be nice to have another choice. I'd love to see you sometime, if you're interested?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.