Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Project 365, Week 3

January 14
These girls studied diligently for their mid-terms, Avery's first, since she's taking a high school math class. Since I'm the mom, its my job to say, for the record, that she scored a 99%. ;)


January 15
We found our happy place. :) I noticed the $20 bill after we took this. We went from a town that never charged late fees to a town that does charge. Yikes!


Sixth and seventh grade chorus and band concert. Mercifully we were able to leave before the band went on.

The kids were excited to celebrate my birthday. So was I. Nothing like nearly dying to make you REALLY happy about getting another year older.


January 16
Shaun and I took a really long lunch break. I guess its an annual thing now....he takes me clothes shopping and buys me a couple staple items, like a black skirt that I can wear 150 times over the next year. I don't like clothes shopping and he doesn't like that I don't buy myself things, so it works for both of us.

During lunch we processed a phone call we'd gotten from our foster care agency as we were walking into the restaurant. Would we consider taking a 6-week old baby for 4-6 months? Oh, and he'd be coming that evening. We said yes. I can't explain our yeses and nos, except to say that we try really hard to pay attention to what God is impressing on our hearts and Shaun and I are almost always on the same page.

I love this man and his big, beautiful, generous heart. I feel so privileged to be the one who knows him best, who gets to do this crazy life by his side.

(Mercifully, the next day we found out the baby would not be coming to live with us.)


January 17
Typical afternoon/evening around here.



January 18
Quiet evening with the boys while the girls are at youth group.


January 19
Avery went to New Hampshire with a small group from church for a retreat. I'm so thankful for amazing leaders who speak into her life.


Super sweet boys. :)

January 20
The icy storm caused a big mess but was super pretty.


Alayna, who had spent the night thought we were a little crazy to do the hot tub (we are).


Some family braved the elements to come have dinner and hang out. So fun!


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Count me among those who are glad you're still with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Here’s to another year of “yeses” and seeing God’s goodness through them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I always think of you on that day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.