Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Project 365, Week 7

This was a busy work week, all seven days of it. We've been doing it long enough that mostly I can put things into a special tax season "bucket" and know that its just a season. And the hard that we're doing now pays off all summer with the amazing flexibility that we have. I also remember that one of the very first things God did was give Adam a job...God designs us to work and I'm thankful.

February 10
Ginger at her post, keeping track of the goings-on of her family and the neighborhood.


February 11
With Shaun and Avery closing the office, many evenings its just the three of us.


February 12
Kim stopped by with flowers for me and gifts for the kids...my heart was full to have five kids in my kitchen talking over each other with stories and laughing. So much of our love is not so light and easy, so I breathe it in when it is.


February 13
The slightest dusting of icy snow made the brown pretty for a few hours.


February 14
No card or flowers or date or any expectation of those things. Romance is Shaun working a full day and then doing a couple late-night kid drop off/pick ups because he knows how painful it is for me to be out late. We stole an hour at the kitchen counter together and that was perfect. I definitely have an everyday romance kind of guy.

EVERYDAY ROMANCE has less to do with roses, chocolates, and sparkly things and more to do with fragrant offerings of service, gracious words and diamond-like strength to persevere, formed through the pressures of trials and pain. Those are the hard-won fragrant, sweet and dazzling tokens that keep love alive in the everyday. -Ruth Simons


February 15
Avery was scheduled to work the front desk but she had a late-night soccer game the night before and Sarah also slept over so I offered to cover for her. Shaun was able to leave mid-afternoon...he took the kids to the mall (an activity they all enjoy and I have no tolerance for). He sent me a picture of the boys settled in for a long afternoon. :)


February 16
The girls spent the night at friends houses, so it was just us with Aiden. He's fun to pal around with and he's getting good at crossword puzzles!

He also got a call back from auditions, which he had mixed feelings about. Its so good for him to be stepping out of his comfort zone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.