Friday, February 21, 2020

February's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Monday). {Document a snapshot 
of your life; find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

A very favorite tradition with a favorite mug. 


The days being lighter for longer is measurable by the girls' 7am bus pick up. Nearly everyday Shaun and I watch them until they are safely on their way, silently praying for protection and strength for their day.


It was lightly raining when Aiden, Ginger and I went out to wait for the bus. Mostly I'm thankful for the rain but a piece of me also wishes for snow for the kids who have missed sledding so much.


Shaun asked me to swap with him so he could be at the office and I could be home with the glass repair guy. It was a glorious 20 minutes at home with no one else there. I put in a load of laundry, made some coffee and did up the morning dishes. It was delightful. And then I paid the glass guy $366. Humph!


A fun surprise for the day was the front desk person quitting with no warning. We scrambled to figure out the kids, getting two of them to and from two separate jobs.



Waiting for me in the mail was the sweetest package, a T-shirt specially ordered for me from my niece. "But God" sums up my life pretty well. I was lost, but God. Life is overwhelming, but God. I wouldn't have had a purpose, but God. I am wildly ill-equipped to live my life, but God. I don't have enough love, joy, peace, patience, but God. I would fear death, but God.


We got home at 7 and it was time to do all the things.



Avery joined us once they were done at their babysitting and restaurant jobs and Avery dove right into homework.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.