Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Project 365, Week 19

We felt the press of the last couple weeks of tax season colliding with spring sports in earnest. I did lots of breathing in spring and beauty and the moment.

It is always safe to dream of spring. For it is sure to come; and if it be not just as we have 
pictured it, it will be infinitely sweeter. ― L.M. Montgomery

May 3
After a weekend together, parting is always sad. Amanda was home from school to help me get D bathed and dressed before taking him back to his mom.



First Monday in May, time to call people for a "friendly reminder" to pick up their tax return.


Aiden used the push mower for the first time and I had a "my baby's growing up" moment.


Aiden and Amanda are both playing for teams outside of our town so instead of drop and go its stay and wait. As a result, I get some good walking time during a lovely part of the year.


May 4


May 5
The TBQ kids were in rare form and what started out as Bible verses turned into pushups and other antics.


I took Avery on a date for Cinco de Mayo. She is all about mexican food so we went to an authentic restaurant. What a treat to get the one-on-one time with her!


May 6
Spring has been breathtakingly stunning around here. 



Best soccer practice place for walking.


May 7




Second best.







May 8
Work and games all day and then we went to Sarah's for dinner to see Shaun's mom while they were in town.







May 9
Mother's Day. :) We stayed home and my family made my wish come true of a mirror wall for my workout space. 







I wore the shirt Amy gave me that says "Mom to Many". The maker of the shirt posted this message:

Today, as I homeschool my three forever kids.
Today, as I drop a pack of ornaments off at Little Mama's apartment so she can decorate her tree.
Today, as I sit by my own tree that has ornaments imprinted with Sister and Brother Bear's handprints.
Today, as I mark my stopping point in my book with a picture drawn by Little E.
Always, when I'm asked how many children I have and I'm never sure how to answer.

I'm a mom to many.
Some here, some gone.
Some permanent, many temporary.
Many loved.
Many cherished.
Many remembered.
None forgotten.

This day I had my three "bio kids" as they've often been referred to in the last ten years. I'm so enjoying their ages right now. I'm proud of the beautiful and strong people they are growing into.

And also in my heart I carry the many kids who have/still call me mom. Those for who mother's day is painful and complicated. Those who are fighting to right the wrongs done to them. The bio families who did the wrongs who I'm still in contact with. I carry in my heart the next generation, those to whom I could be considered "Grandma". 

Its a heavy day, but mostly with gratitude, that God has made me a part of the story. That he chose me (ME...of all people?!?) to be a mom to many.



 

1 comment:

  1. Mom to MANY!!! Well done! Yay for your mirror wall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.