Friday, May 28, 2021

May's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day (Monday) of the month! 
{Document a snapshot of your life...find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

My new Mother's Day mirror for my workout. :)


The house slowly waking up on a Monday morning.


Words of wisdom on my computer from Max Lucado's book Anxious For Nothing.


So much to do, but always with a cup of tea and a water bottle.


At 2:36 the school bus drops off my girl. She shakes off her day of high school, changes into her professional office clothes and spends the rest of the afternoon/evening helping customers and staff. Then at 7 she goes home to begin homework, workout, Facetime with a friend. This week especially she dug deep as she prepared for two AP exams while dealing with a busy office. She's a wonder and we're super proud of her.


I came home to find my sweet boy in his happy place...alone and with a book. :)


I met up with Kim and her boyfriend to do a maternity photo shoot, with Amanda as my assistant. We're getting excited to meet the baby next month!


I dropped Amanda off at soccer practice and then Kim and her boyfriend treated me to dinner for Mother's Day. She's always been so honoring of me in that position...her grace and warmth blow me away.


We all met back at home from our various directions. Ideally for me would be a meal shared together around the table, lingering whenever possible and peppered with thought-provoking, soul-level conversation, never with any arguing. In reality, my family doesn't love eating the same meal and sitting to eat for an extended period of time. So I check my expectations and take in the scene of us all gathered around the kitchen island, sharing stories from our day. For today, I make this good and enough.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.