Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Project 365, Week 20

This was the last full week of tax season. Naturally it looked different this year because of the month extension. I guess the end is hard no matter where it lands. Spring sports consisted of six weekend games and practices most evenings. We're also trying to switch gears to getting the new office space ready with the building permit arriving. Lots of good stuff, just lots of it.

May 10
True confessions...I was a little jealous of the dog as I was running out the door to the office. She was set to be home, alone all day, with nothing to do.


May 11

Morning by morning new mercies I see.


May 12

Morning by morning new mercies I struggle to see so I work extra hard to find.


One by one, I pulled out what coping skills I had time for as I felt the stress and pressure building...I spent extra time praying and journaling, I took a 7 minute shower instead of my usual 5 minutes, I sat down to eat breakfast instead of standing. I breathed in the verse hanging on the wall behind me This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. (I almost closed the pantry door to retake the picture, but in truth its open 90% of the time so its only appropriate).


Parking lot splendor.



May 13

The sneaking feeling that started the day before became a wall I hit early this day. I got up at 1 AM to use the bathroom and my mind spent most of the rest of the night running through customer names and tasks. Did they sign, if they owe will they file on time, is their IRA contribution made, what am I forgetting, who needs to be contacted before its too late??? By 5 AM I was curled in a ball, crying. It was ugly. But I dusted myself off, plastered a smile on my face and did what needed to be done.

By the afternoon I was better I so enjoyed my walk around the track while Amanda was at soccer practice, breathing in the perfect evening weather and finding perspective.


May 14
Almost over, but not before working through this pile I walked into.


Another pretty walk during soccer practice. So thankful for these grounding times.

May 15

Amanda is so athletic and graceful on the soccer field.


Sweet boy took such pride in being able to replace my brakes, largely on his own.



May 16
Amy and I left at the crack of dawn on a gorgeous spring morning to take in all the beauty of the farmer's market. She and I are ALL about tradition and this has become a treasured one.



There was a brief thunderstorm and it left the most amazing looking clouds at the wide open space at the soccer field.




I love these ordinary moments with the kids. They are rarely perfect but its our life and I love us.




 

1 comment:

  1. Those clouds!!!!!!! You made it, Lis! Another year done. Also, my pantry door is always open and drives me bonkers because it's right in the heavy-traffic walkway.......WHY???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.