Thursday, May 20, 2021

Florida Trip for the Win

 After missing last year because of the pandemic, we were back in Florida this year for our post-tax season (which was actually mid-tax season because of the extension) trip to visit Nana and Grandpa John.

We rented a house on Anna Maria Island. There was a pool at the house and a five minute walk to the beach. We did a day at Busch Gardens, but other than that we stayed close to home.  Its so much fun to vacation with the kids now that they are older. They are amazing travelers and can do all kinds of things without supervision...swim, walk to the beach, eat, dress. Shaun and I are able to take lots of breakfast dates, walk dates, sit on the beach and talk dates. We're definitely in a sweet spot with them right now and we recognize it.

Driving through the night has worked really well for us...Shaun takes all but 4-6 hours of the 22 and the kids are able to sleep for much of it.

Our days consisted of pool and beach and walks. Nana and Grandpa John were able to stay at the house with us for a few days and we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Tom on our Busch Gardens day. So grateful for our time away and memories made!

Here are far too many photos, but I want to remember. Because in a flash it goes from this....

....to this...














































Aiden's always one to play it safe, and preferred to stay on the shore digging in the sand. Shaun knew it was safe for him to venture out, that it would be good for him to overcome his fears. Shaun patiently but firmly encouraged him to go out into the waves and as he grabbed Aiden's hand a lump formed in my throat as the lyrics of Oceans played in my head.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


































































































This trip was powered by Chick-fil-A....tasty, easy, affordable and something we all agree on!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like an incredible time! Such great pictures! The golden sunsets are my fave.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.