Sunday, June 12, 2022

Project 365, Week 22

Good times and challenges, disappointments and celebrations, worries and joys...they always go together, one never far behind the other. We get to choose to see and choose to be grateful.

May 30
Amy took all three kids to their large gathering, which meant Shaun and I had the day to ourselves. Which was a nice way to spend our anniversary.



Our wedding was 28 years ago. Twenty-eight!! So much to say about these years, mostly I'm just crazy grateful for this guy who's been my best friend and partner. He's one of the good ones, and he's mine. 

Marriage is not easy, but I also don't think it needs to be as complicated as we sometimes make it. To quote one of our mutual favorites:

None of us really fall in love, we just stop making everything about ourselves, and 
loves floods into the space selfishness leaves behind. ~ Bob Goff



May 31
We all went to Aiden and Shaun's soccer practice and the girls joined in the scrimmage. So fun to see the four of them playing together. :)


June 1
We left early for mid-week so we'd have enough time to go clothes and Pokemon card shopping and dinner at a place that works for us all. Grateful for hangout time with my kids!




June 2
Inspired by a dessert he'd had at the Memorial Day picnic, Aiden asked me to round up ingredients and then he went to work. He was quite pleased with the results. 


Even though it was sprinkling pretty good Amanda and I headed out on the maiden voyage with our new inflatable paddle boards. It was nice, and I didn't fall in!



At the same time the boys were fishing and came across this sweet little family.


June 3
Grateful.


Such a pretty and interesting sky, coming home from church.


June 4
Watching my favorite goalie, active and learning life-long character qualities.







We headed to Boston on a perfect spring day. We checked out some sites, ate dinner and attended a concert at the Garden.















Don't let your heart be troubled, Fix your eyes on this one truth, God is madly in love with you
Take courage, Hold on, Be strong, Remember where our help comes from


And as You speak
A hundred billion galaxies are born
In the vapour of Your breath the planets form
If the stars were made to worship, so will I
I can see Your heart in everything You've made
If creation sings Your praises, so will I


Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now


June 5
It'd been a while since we'd seen Sarah so we were happy she stopped by! The girls let me stay and chat for a bit. :)


1 comment:

  1. Happy belated anniversary! Wise words on marriage and I’m encouraged to know there are other couples still at it after so many years. Also! We were in some of those exact same spots in Boston just a day later on June 5. Wow, some glorious day we’ll actually meet in person. Until then, I’m glad to pray for you all and be encouraged by your walk in this “brutiful” world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.