Saturday, October 29, 2022

Project 365, Week 42

It was a slow week for me, but still I was able to fit in some pretty special life stuff. I am blessed!

October 17
Shaun, Aiden and I took the 2-hour drive to do treatment. Its not usually a very chatty drive as I need to focus and prepare, but my boys are super ok with that. ;)


October 18
This was senior night for the soccer team and, unbelievably, one of the seniors was mine!! I wasn't about to miss it. I asked Amy if she would drive me so I'd only have to stay for a little bit of it and most specifically half time, when they recognized the seniors. She picked me up, but had also rounded up her family and made posters and brought balloons. She is the BEST celebrator of people.

The girls youth pastor, Jack, Dawn and Sarah, Nathan and Laryssa were all there as well to show their support. It was a very special night!

















The next day, Avery made headline news with her hat trick game!!


October 19
It was a very low key day for me. Since I can remember, I have not enjoyed TV or movies. I realize I'm hugely in the minority with this, but it just feels like a waste of time. Similar to social media, it feels like it only takes and doesn't give back. I'd rather read, blog, look at pictures, sit in silence with my thoughts, workout. Anything really. It was two houses ago the last time I even knew how to turn on the TV and that was to put on Sesame Street for the kids so I could get work done.

Anyway, Shaun suggested trying a series that we would both enjoy to help pass the time in the days following treatment. We're well into The Crown and its been a nice diversion when I'm not feeling up to moving off the couch.



October 20
Aiden got creative with photography when we stepped out for our morning walk with the dog. October has wowed us daily.


Watched my favorite goalie in action. As a bonus, Amy and Dawn were there to sit with.





October 21
Back with the TBQ crew I love.


We dropped off a car to Avery and she made us a couple milkshakes. Love that smile!


October 22
Lots of running around in the morning and the kids spent a couple hours at the pumpkin patch/corn maze with the mid-week crew. They were sweet enough to take a picture for me with the sign, for old times sake.






October 23
Walk through the neighborhood.




I spent many hours going through wedding photos. This "behind the scenes" makes me laugh.


When I'm on my computer and notice Amanda is close by, I sometimes airdrop her a picture of me waving. It often gets me an eye roll and it most definitely breaks my strict rule "NO texting people if you're in the house together. Get off your bum and walk to them".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.