Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Project 365, Week 9

Tax season grinds and life is hard, but as I went through the week, I noticed there were so many celebrations and special times that would have been missed if I hadn't been looking. Miracles and wonder are there to be found and behold.

February 27

The faithful love of the Lord never ends. His mercies never cease. 
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.


Family Night and monthly fondue. Imperfectly putting in the time together.




February 28
Our first snow day of the season and dogs and kids alike were happy about it. Thankfully it was a "remote learning day", so the kids did a couple hours of school in the morning and got to count it as a day.


Unfortunately, it added a lot of Shaun's plate during a time when he's already pretty maxed. I watched him through the window at the office and just marveled at how he does all. the. things. And well.



I've always loved to watch the kids sled...snow and water bring out the most authentic moments of joy. Even though they are old enough to not need transportation or supervision, I was so glad to have the chance to watch their antics.




March 1
Yay for March!


March 2
This girl got her first college acceptance letter...to UCONN!! We had a five-minute pause in our crazy day to celebrate with caffeine drinks. There's a whole lot of work that leads up to that letter...we're so proud of her!


She was quickly humbled by the major project she had due at the end of the week. :)


March 3
Another time of pausing to celebrate as Teen Bible Quiz marked 3 years of existence at our church. There was a thriving Junior Bible Quiz Team but Katie and I had kids who were aging out of that, with no place to go. So, without having much of a clue of what we were doing, and with information oddly difficult to find, we jumped in and started the group with seven kids. 

Two weeks later, the church and the world shut down. So we met via FaceTime and then Zoom and then on the church lawn, chairs spread six feet apart. Then inside, but with masks and we had to wipe every surface, every time. The finally, normalcy.

And somewhere in that time, other kids joined and a couple left and now we have a group of 17 kids and 4 leaders. Its been a great joy of mine to know and spend time with these kids, to watch them grow into people. God's Word is life and breath to me and we've been able to study it together. What an honor and a gift!



(my new favorite part is collecting phones at the beginning ;)


I put a slideshow together...photographic evidence of our three-year evolution and the kids painted "Stones of Remembrance", a way of commemorating something good God has done in their lives, a way of remembering how He has been faithful.



SUCH a great bunch of kids, who have grown really close (just missing Nathanael, who was already off to other leadership duties).


March 4
I'm not a big prom fan...I think they are excessively expensive for what you get in return. Admittedly, I'm a little biased though. When it came time for my prom in high school, I asked my boyfriend if he'd consider going with me. Already four years out of high school, he was very uninterested. He countered with an evening in New York City for a fancy dinner and a Broadway show. It was amazing and I've never once regretted "missing" the fancy school dance.

Unbelievably, that same boyfriend and I have two daughters who are at that same age and they are considering whether to drop the money and attend their school's prom. Amanda and I joined up with our friends Sarah and Dawn for some dress shopping. The girls looked beautiful in every single one they tried.




March 5
After church, a few of us enjoyed a quiet afternoon while others worked.



Later, we had dinner with Amy and Colombo and then then many of the kids joined us at the movie theater. I laughed, I cried and it made me think.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.