Thursday, March 30, 2023

Numbering Days, Week 34 & 35

Off weeks are better than treatment weeks. Duh. And now that I'm 3-months removed from my Eiffel Tower surgery, I'm getting around pretty well and feeling good when its time to feel good. The sunshine, flowers, walks, sunrises...its all just a little sweeter and more beautiful than it used to be.




The changing seasons marked by the cancer center is always bittersweet for me. I know it should be, oh yay...I'm here to see another season. But when I see the spring flowers and also know I was around for the pumpkins, well, it can feel discouraging.


This was treatment #16. S I X T E E N. Thirty total, including the ones in 2014 and 2015. How does that even happen? I really don't know. It's one at a time, doing the next thing. Its people praying and standing with us. And its stinking hard.





On Monday we met with the spine surgeon, who reviewed the x-rays and said everything looks to be where it should be post-surgery. I'm truly grateful he was willing to operate and give me so much quality of life back.



And then, (the best for last!!! 😄) today we met with my oncologist, who reviewed my scans and blood work from earlier in the week. She is VERY pleased with how my scans look! And we are taking a break from treatment!! 

Which means, I have many, many weeks off at least. And I will live my life which means...having my house full of people for Easter, finishing tax season, sitting on a beach in Florida with my family, watching my daughter graduate from high school and all the other goodness I can pack in. 

This feels like such a good report and such a good place to stop and breathe.

I will do a PET scan in a couple weeks to check everything against the labs and then a CT Scan in two months, but today we are rejoicing, grateful for all we've been given. Grateful for all God has brought us through. Grateful for time.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.