Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Project 365, Week 29

Summer, you are splendid and welcomed.

July 15
During her second week in CT, Nana continued to gain strength and clarity. Micah and his family are giving her diligent, care-filled attention, love, safety and activity. The rest of us are visiting as much as we can and taking care of things behind the scenes. 


Amanda left her future campus this day to come back home. She sent me a picture of the beautiful 100+ acre campus, along with a favorite hangout spot, Roosters, where she will no doubt drop plenty of money on specialty coffees and treats throughout the semester.



July 16
Throughout the afternoon, plans evolved and changed and what started out as dinner for two turned into something more. When it settled into the girls and their guys and me, I tried to bow out and let the four of them enjoy the evening, but the girls assured me they wanted me there (and not just to pick up the tab 😉). What an honor! It was such a nice evening out on the patio with these very special people.


July 17
Last tax season we had a couple people join the office mid-season and often there would be a person ready to work, but there was no computer avaialble. We determined that in the off-season we'd get several spare work stations set up in the (unlikely!!) event we're faced with a similar situation. The upstairs of our building has plenty of space, its just a matter of cleaning and organizing what has been a landing spot for moving boxes and extra furniture and equipment. Avery is spear-heading the effort with a sprinkle of help from siblings.



July 18
Nana's walker = hours of entertainment


Shaun and the boys enjoy going out some evenings.



July 19
Names are a little tricky for Nana (and there are a lot of us!) so I made her a family directory of sorts. It also included random pictures from over the years. She laughed and she cried.


I made a headshot of each family member, which required a whole bunch of cropping. The cataloging/editing program I use just came out with a new feature that gets rid of unwanted things in the photo. Its so new, I've only used it a few times. Until now, its just removed objects/people, but apparently if the crop is close enough, the program does a headswap instead. At first it was shocking to see another face show up in the family group picture, but then it was very funny and I started to mess around with it. I was laughing so hard I had trouble breathing and Amanda came downstairs to make sure I was ok.

It was so unexpected and hilarious, but also creepy enough I don't want the face-swapped photos on my blog for all of time. Just imagine with the click of a button, these faces turn into strangers.


July 20
There are piles of things I can no longer do, but I have found that old people and small children also have limited capacity and are happy to sit. And so, on this Saturday, I sat. I used to be a slayer of my to-do list and its taken me a while to appreciate that, on a wide open Saturday, I didn't accomplish much more than sitting. But it is good and important. And I got to see lots of nieces and nephews, which is always fun.






Renna, Harley and I hung out while Shaun and the boys were golfing. Shaun was kind to send pictures of their incredible sunset view!!




July 21
The conditions were right for Nana (and others) to come out to Aiden's game (though I'm not sure she enjoyed it). Not too many great-grandmothers out there cheering. :) 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.