Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Project 365, Week 7

It was a cold, wintery week. Per usual in February, much of the time was spent working. It takes a little more effort to maintain perspective and a thankful heart but truly, life is a gift in all the forms that it takes. All is grace.

February 8
After work I went over with Aiden to shovel the new office driveway. To my surprise and great delight, someone had plowed it! So we only had a little shoveling to do. Mostly, we fooled around...Aiden threw snowballs at me and we took slow-mo videos (his fav!)

February 9

Day two in a row of remote learning because of weather. When I got home the kids were cleaning and organizing their rooms and Amanda and Aiden were being best friends. It makes me smile when that happens.

Quiet winter evenings...homework to be done, books to be read.



February 10

Chilly, pretty morning!


February 11

I worked longer-than-normal hours this week and it was such a blessing that Amanda took the initiative several times to tidy up the house. When she does that, she likes to turn on ALL the lights.

February 12

The kids are mastering the art of Frappuccino making.

February 13

Forgoing several bed options, this is what Aiden and Rocco came up with.


I picked up Dakota and all involved were completely delighted. He and my kids are such sweet friends.





Long story that doesn't matter on why I was walking the streets of our old town. For roughly a mile, memories flashed through my head, rapid fire. Sweet, precious memories of hours and miles adding up to the thousands walking these streets. It started out with just me, then we added a dog. Eventually one stroller, then a double stroller, then a double stroller and carrying a baby and of course the dog. We must've been a sight! Eventually, one child at a time aged out of the stroller until all were walking, now in their Catholic-school uniforms, headed to and from school. Ah...those days...ordinary, sacred moments on those sidewalks, some of the very best stuff of life!

February 14

Happy Valentine's Day! This boy and I are so different and sometimes celebrating that diversity looks more like a choice than a celebration.

Bob Goff says
None of us really fall in love, we just stop making everything about ourselves, and love floods into the space selfishness leaves behind.  Could it be that simple (not easy!)? 











Five of the Teen Bible Quiz kids earned enough points to join in a fun day. We are still limited in activity options, so Katie and I (who are both very limited in the 'having fun' department) did our very best to create a fun time for the kids in the community center. Even in our inadequacies, we really do enjoy the time we spend with these kids.






We had steak and chocolate-covered strawberries and lingered at the table for a bit...my favorite!


 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you guys ate at the little table. Also, I bet D is a huge help with the puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only when there's a puzzle taking up the big table. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.