Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Project 365, Week 8

Its tax season, so its no surprise that we worked a ton, but wow...we worked a ton! I'm happy to work while the kids are at school, but its not my favorite when they're home and I'm not. This week they had two days off for President's Day, plus a snow day. They did such a great job pitching in and helping out where they could. And, we made it!

February 15
Aiden got to have a sleepover at Pop and Kiki's and had way too much fun!



I ended up with a very long work day, when I came home at 8 my family had picked up the house and had a salmon dinner on the table. It spoke so much love to me!


February 16
The kids really did their best to fill the long days with productive things to do. Loved the creativity of this to-do list!

Check-in photo from the kids, they were set up reading in Amanda's room with her new LED lights that can change colors.

February 17

We're trying to get creative with Bible Quiz to overcome two hurdles....we haven't had a competition meet in a year and the core group that we started with a couple years ago is about to age out, so we're recruiting new team members and figuring out ways to integrate them. This week, we split the boys and girls and the teens lead the smaller groups.


February 18
I was home for 45 minutes to put dinner together before heading out to dinner with friends. Amanda picked out an outfit for me and did my hair...it was very special! And the night out breathed some life into me....its a rare and treasured thing to have people on your side who have been there for so much of life...our little group has definitely faced some hard things.


February 19
A snow day turned remote learning day. Amanda got asked to babysit for the neighbors and got to do school right along with them. She loves the opportunity to feel responsible and capable (and make some money! :). 

The at-home crew checked in just as they were switching gears to sled and play with the dog. On a snow day the kids are done by 1:00 so there's still plenty of time to play out in the snow.


Pretty snow walking out of the office.


After youth group, my kitchen was a flurry of hungry, happy girls.




February 20
So pretty out the back window.

February 21

Home. My favorite place and I got to spend most of this Sunday here. Laundry, cleaning, transplanting plants, reading, two sit down meals all together, a movie. It was lovely!!


My people.


 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.