Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Numbering Days, Week 10


This week was especially special because I got to witness and photograph Madison's wedding. There are so many thoughts and feelings that I've suppressed to get through, but I'm truly grateful. And honored. And I have focused on the sweetness that is the circle of life and young love. Such beauty in being loved and in loving.

It was at Shaun's suggestion and with his blessing that I postponed treatment a week and take the risk of being with 300 people while my immune system is so compromised to be at the wedding. What a gift that he sensed how important it was to me and championed me. That has always been his way.

I had supernatural strength and mobility and got through the day with a ton of help from Meg, who carried things, reminded me to sit, fed me pills, ran to get things I forgot, and just overall had my back. What a gift to shoot another wedding together. We've done enough now to fill a book with our stories. :)


All my words fall short
I got nothing new
How could I express
All my gratitude?
I could sing these songs
As I often do
But every song must end
And You never do
So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a hallelujah
Hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a King
Except for a heart singing hallelujah


Knowing what I know now, three-quarters into the year, I find it interesting that this would be the first year I've ever read through the Bible via a Bible-in-a-Year plan. Its felt tedious at times, but my biggest takeaway is what I already knew to be true but am seeing it with fresh eyes... it is not a book of random stories, it is all one story. His story. It's all woven together with the thread that is God's pursuing love. His promises are fulfilled over and over and over.

This morning I was re-reading some things in Isaiah, except now I have fresh context. In this particular section, God was calling his people out of exile and I love what my study Bible says: "God calls his exiled people to leave...staking everything on his promises".

It jumped out at me. I have seen His fulfillment of promises, I have experienced that His love, His peace, His presence is enough. Today, as I go into treatment #5, I am staking everything on his promises. Nothing else is strong enough to hold me. 



Thank you for your prayers, thank you for your faithful love. We are being carried by you, our beautiful community. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.