Monday, December 11, 2023

Project 365, Week 49

With some naps and too much resting, I was able to be out and about during this off week. I'm so grateful that I've been free of sickness and can be out doing things. And, its the most wonderful time of the year. :)

December 4
We got to celebrate another year of my dad's life and I'm so grateful.


December 5
Long story, but I had to do an MRI and it had to be done at a particular machine in Manhattan. So, we pulled the kids from school and made it a family day. A highlight was seeing the Christmas Spectacular.


December 6
“Kindred spirits are not so scare as I used to think. It’s splendid 
to find out there are so many of them in the world.” – Anne Shirley


December 7
With the youth group Christmas party around the corner, we went out in search of a suit for Aiden. He grows inches overnight, it seems.


December 8
A highlight of my week is spending time with this TBQ group. Its fascinating to watch them grow and develop. They are funny, sincere and show up regularly.


December 9
Workday at the office, trying to get some projects done before January.


I peeked out at Aiden working on the sign and noticed the steady flow of traffic, which on a Saturday can only mean a UCONN game. Passing by our office is one of only a few ways to get to campus.


Shaun and I went with Amanda to her soccer awards night. By a wide margin, she lead the team in assists and very nearly in goals scored. She was the corner-kicker and most of the time they were put exactly where they needed to be. And.....she was awarded Most Valuable Player!


This guy has been with her every step of the way. Pushing, training, encouraging, coaching...through blood, sweat and tears and push-backs he persevered, wanting the best for her and this day, she was thankful for it all.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lisa for sharing your love and your faith from your "little corner of the world".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.