Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Project 365, Week 50

The countdown to Christmas and the end of the year is here! I'm trying to just do what I can and keep remembering what Christmas really, truly is about.

December 11
The view at the office as the sun was setting...stunning!


I caught this screenshot of Aiden at youth group a couple days prior. Yes, his shoulder is healing nicely.


December 12
Double ugh for treatment day.


December 13
It was a win that I could tolerate screens. The Hallmark Channel stayed on a good part of the day. Its perfect for snoozing...I can doze off for a bit and when I wake up I still know what's going on with the plot. 😉


December 14
Avery gave me an early Christmas present, a new heating pad. The calendar says I'm in my 40's but in body years I'm well into my 80's.


Colombo took Trevor and Amanda to an Experience Weekend at Word of Life in New York. They have a one or two year gap program that maybe would be a good first step out of high school. They spent a night in the dorms and sat in on some classes. Amanda got to talk with the soccer coach and meet a couple players. They cut the weekend short a night to make it back for the youth group Christmas party.



December 15
They optimized the morning there and then headed home after lunch in time to get ready for the Met Gala-themed party.




The much anticipated day arrived, the annual youth group Christmas party!


I was thrilled to be feeling well enough to be there and to see the excitement and to take pictures. Shaun and I even went out on a date after!












December 16
The next morning we took Amanda on a breakfast date to download her experience and give feedback on her time in NY. She had a pretty well thought out pros and cons list. 


The whole family met up to watch our nephews hockey game at the beautiful new ice rink UCONN just built. He got plenty of ice time and his team even won in the last 30 seconds of regulation!




December 17
After church a couple of us headed to the mall so the kids could do a little shopping. And mostly, Amanda wanted to cash in on her birthday present, a second ear-piercing she's been wanting for a while. It was so sweet that Amanda included me in the experience and, while it was an exhausting day, it was nothing my nap later couldn't cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.