Friday, April 9, 2010

Great Balls of Fire

Sometimes we wish we could just bottle Amanda up.  She is so...Amanda. She stirs things up around here and is good for Shaun, Avery and I who are all first borns.  Her spirit is infectious.  I can't do her justice with words or with photos, but here is a little sampling from this past month.  Her "outfits" are truly photo-worthy everyday, but I can't keep up with all her changes.  You can bet at some point in the day she always ends up in a leotard, bathing suit or dress-up clothes or something of her sisters that her sister is particularly fond of.  And nearly always, shoes on the wrong feet.
In a sleepy, pitiful voice Amanda told me, Mom, I need some medicine.  My cough is ignoring me.

She asked me, Mom, are you just-appointed in me?

I love that her "s" still comes out like a soft "th" sound and "Th" at the beginning of a word is "Da" sound.

Somewhere she heard the word "hinny", but she's confused it and calls it "my highness" or "your highness"

Dancing with her cousins to Great Balls of Fire.  Here...you shake my nerves and you rattle my brain.
Playing a princess game on her daddy's new Droid.
Orphan girl playing outside
And, the inevitable. 

She just fits the hair-cutter profile. And I'll tell you what...I bet she does it again. And I can't say I completely blame her. Whatever I do with her hair for the day never makes it through naptime so she's often got hair hanging in her face.

But oh, how we love this girl and her electric personality!  She can disarm even the toughest, most aloof stranger...God has truly given her a gift.



For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.

Psalm 92:4

7 comments:

  1. I love this post! She is quite the character. Whenever I need a little smile I watch the birthday youtube video and it never fails to make my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! At the beginning when you said you can't do her justice with words or photos, I was thinking, "very true." But you really captured her with this post! She is such a little crack-up...the heiny a.k.a. your highness KILLS ME!!!! You should make this a monthly post. I'm sure there would be plenty of material! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have GOOD NEWS for you Lisa! she is exactly like mine were and they have been sooo much fun growing up. there is never a dull moment but yet they are wonderful girls. Have fun with your 'free spirit' child. I love it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my son......what a treat you have in store for you!!! These middle children bring so much fun and laughter to our families!!!

    my daughter cut her hair twice....

    I loved every one of these pictures! I had to laugh at the one in the walker. I have one of my daughter curled up in her baby doll crib with a paci in her mouth! cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! I have to tell you that having an interesting and different child of my own, I love to her about kids with a fun personality and parents who LOVE that about their kids! You gotta love a girl with that kind of style!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the inevitible (to tired to spell)...L did the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so awesome! Us number 2's have a good thing going!

    I'm with Meg...Manda's Monthly Musings!

    And what youtube video is Melody referring to?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.