Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday's Walk ~ Florida

Tomorrow we leave for Florida, where we will be spending a couple days with our grandparents.  I say "our" but its actually Shaun's grandmother.  However, I've been in the family for longer than I care to admit I've been alive, so I claim his family as my own...most of the time *wink*. 

Though Nana was born and raised in Connecticut, about 35 years ago she got smart and headed down to a beautiful spot in Florida.  Though we wish she lived closer, it does make a very nice vacation destination.  In thinking about Wednesday's Walk down memory lane and our coming trip, I couldn't help but think of these pictures from our March 2007 trip.  We had two in diapers, but they both flew for free!  This was little Avery's first time at the ocean and she wasn't quite sure at first.
 These next couple were taken on the sun "porch" and are just so precious to me, particularly the last one.

You alone are the LORD.
You made the heavens, even the highest heavens,
and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it,
the seas and all that is in them.
You give life to everything,
and the multitudes of heaven worship you.
Nehemiah 9:6

12 comments:

  1. so precious!!!

    have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you will be on vacation in Florida soon. A great place to visit and have fun.

    I loved the photos of your children. And you're right ...the last one was so precious.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures ARE precious. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beach pictures... we were thinking alike today! :) thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We live about an hour from the Florida beaches (in Alabama) so we go about every weekend in the summer. We are going for a week in May and I cannot wait! Some of my best memories are from beach trips to Florida. Hope you have a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the beach! I wonder if we moved there if my kiddos would all come to visit??? (Just a thought)

    Anyway, I enjoyed the post...and I hope you will have a good time in Florida.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun on vacation. Sad to admit to that we have never been to the Florda coast just Disney. I could just live on the beach. Kids love beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what precious pictures ones to treasure for sure

    ReplyDelete
  9. what precious (and gorgeous) children! Have a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love that last one that is precious to you. Didn't you make that into an Easter card one year or something? Seems like I remember putting a picture of that in my scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pics...they brought tears to my eyes. We live a little over an hour away from the beach in Florida ( :D ) and are blessed to have some amazing experiences and memories at the beach as well! My little girl will take her first trip in May, and I can not wait! Hope this trip to Florida is as great as your last! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.