Sunday, August 5, 2012

Project 365, Week 31

Hi...how are you?  Can you believe its August??  Its one of favorite months, because its almost guaranteed to be hot, but it is also when summer, for all intents and purposes, comes to a close and that makes me sad.  I'll do my best to not worry about that yet, because we've got a ton of great living to pack into this month.

How wide

How deep
How great
Is Your love for me

Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
How You love me



July 29
So lame, but this is the only picture I have from the day.  Interior pictures of our car that we are trying to sell.  Want it? :)  7-passenger, very nice, we're-sad-to-see-it-go SUV.
 July 30
Z was at basketball camp this week at the college a couple blocks from our house.  Though we are happy to have him here, it was kind of nice with just my three.  They play so much better together, with  so much less fighting.

Z is not an instigator, but there is more competition and less common interests among the kids when he is here.  For example, my three were quite happy parking it on the porch to watch the electric company work on some lines across the street.  The fact that there was a policeman guiding traffic was a huge bonus.



Shaun quit at 7:30 so we could have friends over to talk about some exciting possibilities involving a missions trip....we'll see.
 July 31
The girls played dolls and made a hideout....its just a different dynamic when they are the oldest kids around.

August 1
I spent a very depressing morning in training about child sexual abuse, which affects 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys.  What was stressed in training is that its not "stranger danger", but almost always someone who is already in your child's life....a family member or a friend.

Since Avery was born, Shaun and I have been vigilant about protecting our girls but the truth is, there is only so much we can protect them from.  We need to train them, talk about it regularly and PRAY!

 This was the first night of football and cheerleading practice for Z and Avery.  For the month of August its M-F, 6-8...after that they add games to the weekends.  That kind of commitment seems a bit insane to me, but its been Z's heart desire since we've known him.  If you need me, I'll be at the field!  :)
 August 2
Cheerleading practice at home.  Avery is so very excited about it, so that makes me happy.  No more dance, though.  :(
A beautiful wedding...Thursday is my new favorite day to shoot a wedding!

August 3
After basketball camp and before football/cheerleading, we did Fun Friday, this week slushies and a trip to Pop's house for slip-n-slide...a big hit!


 August 4
Picnic at the construction site.

1 comment:

  1. Love the girls' fancy hair on Monday - very cute.

    Wow that's a lot of commitment for football! How long does it last?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.