Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Show Weekend II

Still trying to sum up the weekend (week for Shaun and Avery).  There is a small crew that goes to the show location early in the week to start setting up.  There is a large trailer that needs to be unloaded, and we bring all our own sound and lighting equipment.  Its quite a process with long days of hard but they know how to have fun, too.

These first five I stole from FB.

The kids love to hang out backstage.  I'm not even sure what they do, but the cast is gracious to include them.  At one point, I saw Amanda helping the prop people...they just love to be involved in any way.



I was taking pictures during both shows but there are a couple scenes I have to take Aiden out for, one is the shooting scene.  We had fun hanging out in the hallway doing our own version of the shooting scene.  :)

 When you've seen the show a million times, sometimes playing on the iPad is fun, too.  Plus, Aiden was pretty sick at this point.
This was the first time we were not performing in a church.  We used this technical school's theater...such a treat!

 I took 1600 pictures between the two shows...here are just a couple of my favorites.

 My sister Amy is in the blue shirt, beating the bell boy.


My niece Madison...SO very talented!


 I have three favorite songs...this is one.

 Amy again...gorgeous!
On the last night, final scene, imagine my surprise when I see Z walk out on stage!!  Still not sure how it happened, but a conversation with Bishop, our head pastor who plays the Prodigal's father, and Z made his acting debut.  Maybe he'll get me free Broadway tickets someday.  :)
 My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours.  But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.
Luke 15:31, 32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.