Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Project 365, Week 13

There was a cloud over the week as we processed the loss of Shaun's grandfather. But spring still arrived (yay!!) and we got up each day and did the things that life asks of us. And there was joy in the sorrow and beauty in the mundane.

March 20
DQ helped us celebrate the first day of spring with free cones! 
And the snow was not a deterrent for the kids to play in the park.

March 21
When Gavin's mom gave him to me, she told me he has lots of new tricks on the floor if we wanted to see. Without her saying something, the baby might have been 3 years-old before he was out of arms long enough to show us his stuff. :) As it happened, the kids took great delight in watching him move.

March 22
Ray got hired with a construction company, full-time! I felt honored that he was so excited to share the news with us. I spoke to him on his ride to work and on his ride home and he texted me some pictures of the job site, day one. Praying its a good fit for him and that he has much success there.
The kids were reading some old blog posts, laughing at the silly things they used to say when they were little.



March 23
WAY too much slime in my life these days....its all the rage in 5th grade.

March 24
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

March 25
Pausing in the crazy to snuggle with my girl who continues to grow and age right before my eyes.

Two super sweet, super handsome boys at Great-Grandpa's wake.

Just the three.

Cousins...so blessed to have known their great-grandpa!

March 26
My crew...looking their best for the funeral.



3 comments:

  1. So sorry for the heaviness and sadness that Grampy's loss brings. It was amazing to have him around to healthy and with it for so many years. I always enjoyed the delight he found in your kids and marveled at your commitment to regular visits. He was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and love to all of you as you continue to process your loss.
    Thrilled for Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Ray! And wow what a handsome crew in that last picture.

    I missed out on ice cream on the first day of spring - I'm off to rectify that forthwith (ha!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.