Friday, September 15, 2017

September's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Sunday).
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day! }

My best intentions to get up early to do my 18-mile long run didn't pan out, since I was exhausted from a full day of activities the day before...took me a few hours to "let it go" and give myself grace. But I was still up for a gorgeous early-morning drop off at the horse barn.



A couple errands, then back to see my favorite horse-rider compete in her very first horse show. We're still learning all about this horse world, but its a joy to support something J is so passionate about and has wanted to do for so long. Out of six, she placed 6th, 2nd and 6th in her event. We were so proud of her for getting in the ring and trying something new and scary!


I normally take a kid or two with me grocery shopping to get some time with them and throw in how-to instructions on shopping, but since I had no one this time, I put in earbuds.



Then we went to work prepping for our afternoon party and the 30 people coming to our house.






The softball team got together for the annual end-of-season picnic. Its a nice group of people that we really only see during the summer/softball season. It was a lovely afternoon to just be outside.



Once everyone left, I still had enough time to get to my first game of Amanda's.



All the local grandparents came out for the game...and on Grandparents Day! :)



My favorite coach. He puts his heart and soul into this girls team the same way he would if it was the USA Men's team...that's just his way and I love him for it.



He's also been doing a significant amount of Geometry tutoring. J's desire is to do well but she has to work really hard to get there. They've spent hours on it so far this school year. (We're looking into a tutor for tax season, because I am NOT the backup plan for math help! ;)



I still have one kid who is ALWAYS up for reading a story with me. Right now we're reading Prince Warriors, Book 1 of a series we are both enjoying immensely.






1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kevin Snyder is PASSIONATE about math and worked the last 2 years as a tutor at a tutor center. He's in Storrs this year with a car. FYI.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.