Friday, October 13, 2017

October's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Tuesday).
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day! }

It's taking longer for it to get light out, but I'm still cozy on the porch in the mornings...highly unusual for October and I'm loving it!


Our walks to school have been without jackets, too. No matter the morning we've had (50% are good, 50% are not) Amanda always stops to turn around and wave one last time before she's out of sight.


We have a contract on the old house, the one that's been vacant a full year now. Its far from a done deal, but it was enough for Shaun to switch gears from working on ascetics to more form and function things like roof and gutters and such.


Ahh...the quiet of an empty house. This was my view while I had a quick lunch standing at the kitchen counter.


Tuesday's is Running Club day. It is the most heavily attended club at school, which is a little surprising to me. I go to cheer, offer high-fives, run alongside, supply water and generally encourage and inspire the kids.

When I got to the school, I found a sweet 7th grader sitting on a bench doing her homework next to Mary (and Joseph??).


When I peaked in the gym, they were discussing what it means to have integrity (it means always going around the cones, not in front of them ;). It sounded like a talk I've had with any one of my kids so many times, and I thought what a blessing to be in a school that supports and encourages so many of the values that are important to us.


Then they said the Lord's Prayer and were out the door.



With the hope of a sale going through on the other house, we are actively looking for a house again, mostly online, but sometimes we go to see one in person. Shaun's brother is our real estate agent, and sometimes he brings Gavin.


We were standing outside talking things over when a neighbor with a dog passed by. Instantly, the kids were over making a new friend.


Home in time for dinner, homework and games.






3 comments:

  1. Yay about the hope of a sale!
    Love the fall decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the framed saying on your porch - it's one of my favorite songs.

    My church is doing a book group, reading Nadia Bolz-Weber's Accidental Saints. Last night we spent a lot of time on the chapter about Mary (mostly to avoid the next chapter, which is about Sandy Hook), and you know, we never once mentioned Joseph. And that's especially interesting given how tiny he is next to Mary in your picture (if that's him). Poor guy :) (The chapter was really good though. My favorite passage was "Mary trusted the word from the angel, telling her that she was favored. And maybe that trust is what MADE her favored.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the integrity talk they were having with the kids. That truly must be a gift to have a school like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.