Friday, October 27, 2017

Project 365, Week 43

October has been so kind to us, I can't help but think of Anne's sentiments I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.

October 16
We are dipping our toes into Cub Scouts because the whole concept has Aiden's name written all over it. This was the first official meeting. #EagleScoutinthemaking ;)



October 17
The girls have a sweet group of friends at school. Grateful.


I was asked to be the guest speaker at running club, fresh off my most recent marathon completion. What a privilege to be able to (hopefully!) inspire someone to become a runner. Not so much for the running itself, but for the lessons learned from it, such as:

Good things happen when you get quiet and alone with your thoughts + God
Self-discipline is not a dirty word
Some days you feel like a winner, some days you don't. Tomorrow is a new chance
Hard work truly does pay off
Lots of mind over matter practice


October 18
Oh, the thought processes we've gone through when considering where we will move next! This day of looking brought us to a couple beautiful spots.



October 19
We had parent/teacher conferences and the only "negative" Aiden's teacher could say is that he reads "too much". :) I don't know what she's talking about. ;)


T.R.O.U.B.L.E.  :)

Standing at the counter, talking with the kids and answering their questions about the process of making waffles for dinner. A snapshot of life.

Not pictured: a disgruntled child because they didn't crack an egg to the sibling's specifications and got yelled at for it. Then the sibling got angry because the other quit.


The horse barn looked so pretty as we were driving away after soccer and riding lessons.


October 20
The school had a Warrior Walk, which was running/walking plus an obstacle course.










A half day of school made it possible for the kids to go with Grandma to Sturbridge Village on a beautiful afternoon. 





October 21
Amy, Meg and I planned a family photoshoot day to help support friends who are walking through a battle with cancer. It was so great to hang out together on a beautiful day, blessing lots of families with photos and support.

Also, I just noticed that there are two sets of twins here. If we'd done our hair the same and dressed alike, from a distance it would be difficult to tell Amy and I apart and Avery and Maddy apart. :)


October 22
So in awe of our Creator. He's extravagant in His love for us. I'm painfully practical and if I had been in charge of creating, I likely would have chosen just one shade of tree color, perhaps a sensible green, and slapped it on everything. I'm so glad God used color and creativity and care.








3 comments:

  1. October has been lovely here too. Not very fall-like though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started trail running this summer and thought of you several times while I was running. It made me so happy to see your recent marathon completion. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.