Monday, December 4, 2017

Project 365, Week 49

November 27
Our little Amanda Hope, who I call "Jane" most of the time, turned 11. After school and in between basketball practices, we went to her favorite restaurant, Subway. :)


We got her a snow cone maker, which is completely random and eccentric and so her. :)


Many days later, I snapped an actual birthday photo. She is a blessing and has a huge heart. She loves justice and truth. She is a challenge and a treasure and will be a world-changer.


November 28
Aiden spends hours and hours and hours reading, especially the comic book Bible. If you know anyone who likes comic-style stories, I can't recommend the Action Bible enough. Its amazing!


November 29
It was time for my 6-month check-up at Sloan. We decided to pull the kids from school and make a family day of it. It ended up being a beautiful, almost 60 degree day, perfect for walking in the city!
Traffic was especially heavy and the 2.5 hour ride took almost 4.


 I was already anxious about being at the cancer center and then I was stressed from the gridlock. Shaun did a good job distracting the kids so I could pace and pray alone. I think they were counting taxis in a specified amount of time.


This building holds so many strong, fresh memories for me in a love/hate kind of way. I love my doctors and nurses and am thankful for the amazing care I get there, but untold hard has happened there, too and being there reminds me.


Free Santa-Hat Day at Radio City for the Christmas Spectacular.




We had time to walk to Times Square, do a little Christmas shopping at the Disney Store and see the Rockefeller Plaza Christmas tree (being lit that night, which was a major cause of the traffic)




November 30
This boy and his pajamas!


Shaun is home to me. This whole scene...the work flannel that he's had for 20+ years, the taping tools out, lovingly improving our home, working under the pressure of an upcoming holiday and the Christmas music going, because we are in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I can predict which songs he will start singing softly and off-key too, without even knowing he's doing it. The familiarity of it all makes my heart swell with gratitude.


December 1
Seventh grade and their pre-school "buddies" presented Mass.



Shaun is doing some work on his grandfather's house, getting it presentable to put on the market. Since it was a nice afternoon, the kids and I went over to help for a bit. So many leaves!



It was a big night for the teens. K had a homecoming dance at her school...


and J and Avery went to the youth group Christmas party, which was first class.


We got to see H, who still attends youth group regularly.





December 2
I love this one that Avery snapped. Gavin especially loves Aiden and Aiden is happy to oblige.


Aiden's first "real" basketball game ever, he's on the town's 3rd & 4th grade team. He's not been enthusiastic about it and Shaun and I have had to push him, but knowing how competitive he is, we thought he might start to enjoy it once there was a scoreboard. We were right. ;)



There was a classical concert at my dad's church. My sister and I surprised him there because it was his birthday. The very first song of the concert was "Happy Birthday". :) Its always fun to see him in his element...he's been pastoring since I can remember and he does people well.


Sweet Renna slept over and she and Avery were pals for the morning.


J came home with some ribbons from a horse show. She is very passionate about it and it makes her very happy.





5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renna looks wayyyyy too old in that pic for me :( Love the sweet family photo in the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda is super special! Rocco's Christmas Action Bible was JUST delivered TODAY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little Shaun description <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say that I can’t believe how big Renna is getting! I noticed in the Thanksgiving pictures too. Also, Amanda is 11!?! I like Subway too - good choice! Everyone looked nice in their fancy party clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.