Sunday, December 3, 2017

Thanksgiving Vol 2

Thanksgiving Day and the kids were excited and up early. I found them tucked away watching a video. They can be so sweet together.


Number 15? 16?-ish Road Race for me. The faces change a bit every year but its always a fun time.


As an added bonus, I stumbled into my sister at the starting line.


SO many costumes but this person who ran the entire 4.78 miles wearing a live, decorated Christmas tree was a favorite.


Twins! :)


Shaun and Aiden broke out the WW II board game Axis & Allies. Over the holiday weekend they played for hours and hours and hours. Watching them makes me laugh, because they essentially share the same brain. A few tried to understand the game but its a commitment just to learn how to play.



My oldest nephew very sweetly pointed out that he has an 18-year streak of being at our house on Thanksgiving. It means the world to me that he has, and also that it means something to him. All hearts go to Auntie's for Thanksgiving. :)


Always lots of help.


Kids table.


"Adult" table. :)





Crazy thankful for this guy and the messy fairytale we're living.








Birthday celebrations for these three November babies.



The next day we laid low and put up Christmas decorations but the tree didn't get decorated until Saturday when we could do it all together.





Then we headed to Sarah's to take advantage of his dad visiting from Chicago.




Blessed with cousins and grandparents and great-grandparents. I try to express to my kids how relatively big their family is and how blessed they are, but its just normal to them.








Its not all perfect, but we have much to be thankful for!


Since everything God created is good, we should not reject 
any of it but receive it with thanks.
I Timothy 4:4



1 comment:

  1. That large family is a gift indeed. I always enjoy seeing the photos even though I don’t know all those people in them. Large families are just really awesome to marvel at!

    The Christmas tree marathon costume is insane! I can’t imagine how someone did that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.