Monday, January 8, 2018

Project 365, Week 1

Another edition of Project 365, Volume 9!! Even though I'm posting this on Monday, I've decided to go back to a Monday-Saturday week, hoping to mostly post on Sundays. I think it will be easier for me, even though it splits up a weekend. Probably I'm the only one who will notice or care anyway.

For those of you who follow along faithfully or hop in once in a while to check on us, thank you. It means a lot and its always humbling to hear that it means something to you. Here's to another year of being blessed, whatever that looks like in 2018!

January 1
Our annual New Year's Day with Grandma, a place where the kids can do no wrong. :)


And afterwards, there is usually an emergency Lego creation time.


January 2
Silly girl.


January 3
I dropped some of Shaun's pants off at the tailor's because the only needles I deal with in life are medical-related. ;) I loved the feeling of stepping into a different era.


January 4
For forever, I've taken down Christmas decorations on or before New Year's Day but this year the kids begged to have the tree up longer. Since it was a snow day, I thought it would be a good chance to get it all put away. The girls did it all on their own.


Apparently there was too much fluffy snow in the yard, so the kids went onto the street. Lucky us, we live in the "hill section".



January 5
Second day of no school because of snow (and cold!!!). The kids are fine to be at home alone, but it works much better for them when we bring just one child (who will remain nameless) with us to the office. It works out for her, too. She got to watch Barbie, Life in the Dreamhouse and eat dumdums. ;)


We braved the cold to go look at a house. It was incredible, so...us. I don't know if it will work but we sure did fall in love with the property.


We took the littles out to a new-to-us restaurant while the girls were at youth group and roasted marshmallows over an open flame while we talked and dreamed about the house.


January 6
R and his new girlfriend are expecting a baby. :( They had a gender reveal party and discovered they are having a boy. It was a difficult time for me, but it clearly meant a lot to R that I was there.




2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing another year of Project 365!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a place that you love - I hope it works out! I'm impressed with your patience in this search. So often I tend to jump on the first thing that mostly meets my requirements (like my new job) instead of being patient & seeing what other fabulous thing might be waiting for me. God is probably wishing I'd have a little more faith in myself and God :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.