Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Project 365, Week 3

I wonder how it would work if our social-media-ready photos were captioned with our struggles. Look at my smiling, clean kids...and I battled pride/anxiety/fear/rejection/addictions/etc. I do make great efforts to keep it real here, which I guess is why I'm bringing it up. I'm thankful for grace and God's abiding presence in my life.

...grace means that we're never alone in our struggle with sin. God doesn't grow discouraged, tired or weary. He never leaves us alone to deal with the temptations and realities of life in a fallen world.
Our gracious Father is resolute in his determination for us to experience the complete spoils of the victory he gained over sin and death through his crucifixion and resurrection. -Paul Tripp

January 15
BC, before cancer, some birthdays it was hard to face the passing of time and getting older. Now I'm 100% settled that I am getting older and I will die and another birthday means another day to live. Its very simple and clear-cut to me now. Thanks for coming, 43! :)

O, Death where is your sting? O, Grave where is your victory?


January 16
Overnight, the stomach bug hit three of the kids. It was fierce and fast.

Funny line from Aiden...I poked my head in the bathroom to check on him and he was standing at the toilet, ready to get sick. He said, "Mom, I can't touch my toes...I guess my legs are too long." ;)


January 17
So enjoy watching the kids play ball.


January 18
Aiden, Amanda and I are nearing the end of our book and its been very intense. Aiden was standing for this night's bedtime story, acting out the sword fight I was reading. If you have kids in the 8-12 range, The Prince Warrior series is awesome!


January 19
I was asked to take photos at youth group, so I got to be a fly on the wall. I'm so thankful for a good place for our kids to be, learning about themselves and God.


January 20
We're making progress...its no longer completely dark on our drive to Saturday night church! :)


January 21
Avery and I snuck away for a fun afternoon together. She's getting so old and she's such a delight to hang out with.




3 comments:

  1. I loved your comment about the drive to church because I noticed that too, last Saturday! The (setting) sun was blinding us through the windshield and that is a good sign! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avery is getting so old. Even from week to week seems like big changes! Also, I'm so glad you're getting old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reminder about aging and birthdays being a gift of another day. Your perspective is refreshing. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.