Friday, May 4, 2018

Project 365, Week 16

This week had a little bit of everything in it. We celebrated a birthday, worked crazy hours, worked no hours, did sports, enjoyed friends, started vacation. It was a very exciting week as we wrapped up tax season and packed up for our annual Florida trip. Good stuff!

April 15
Happily, Shaun's birthday landed on a Sunday so he didn't have a full day of work. He's kind of amazing and its been an honor to celebrate many birthdays with him.


April 16
First day of April vacation... :)


The kids did soccer camp at our local university from 9-12 each day this week.


April 17
LAST DAY of tax season!!!


April 18
Before church I went shopping with the girls for swim suits. It was encouraging to me that the experience was quite different from that of a year ago when they first came to us. This year, the word "modest" wasn't used, but the thought was there. I've steadily been teaching that women are not objects and that "Classy not trashy" is always the best bet. Tough swimming upstream in a culture that objectifies women and teaches girls that Barbie is the only acceptable body type. Its a one-step-forward-two-steps-back journey, but this day in the dressing room of Target, I was thanking God for small victories (and asking Him, why in the world did you choose me for this??).


April 19
My sweet boy was up early enough to join me for my Chair Time. His Bible knowledge will soon surpass mine. ;)


Avery and Amanda are friends/classmates/teammates with two sisters. They slept over and the seven kids had such a blast playing games and being silly on this rainy, cold day.


April 20
I took the car for an oil change and the car guy was showing me the difference in oils. Then Amanda and I were sitting in the waiting room and through the window she saw him take a drink from a plastic cup. She was so grossed out and appalled until I assured her it was Coke. Although, maybe drinking oil is healthier than soda??


About 5pm we were loaded up and on the road, Florida bound!


April 21
I laughed as I was coming out of the local grocery store on the island where we were staying. Large family cars and a golf cart lined up...must be a tourist town! :)


Shaun brought me up to the roof top of our rental house to watch the sunset together. Not bad. :)




1 comment:

  1. The sunset!!!!!! Good job surviving another tax year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.