Thursday, December 13, 2018

Project 365, Week 48

Monday morning hit us hard as we regrouped from our Thanksgiving weekend festivities. Its such a great time of year, there's just a lot going on!

November 26
This was my only "picture" of the day and it rang so true to me. I'm thankful for all the ways God has changed me, is changing me. 


November 27
Caught the birthday girl first thing in the morning. I so love that, even though she is now 12!!, these furry friends are still her faithful companions. 



November 28
6-month check-up time at Sloan with my oncologist. We were both all smiles, thankful for a good report. I wasn't worried, in fact I'd hardly given the appointment a thought, but the night before when I was talking with Aiden he expressed some concerns that the doctor may find some cancer.

Mom, if she finds some cancer, are you still going to go to the show?
Yeah, probably.
Even with all those cancer cells dividing?? and then he did out the exponential math into the 500s.

Its hard when I hear that the kids are worried about me. I hope in the long-term, when they think of our cancer journey what they are left with is that God is good, God is sovereign and community is vital. And...we can do hard things (a million thank you's for that, Melody ;).

Two of my SILs joined me so we could do the Christmas Spectacular show together. It was a quick, to-the-point day, but it was perfect.






November 30
As requested, making her own birthday cake. :)


December 1
We had our third Junior Bible Quiz competition. Aiden did well, as did our two teams. I enjoy it so much and the kids do, too. Each meet we're learning more how it all works. And next month will be hosted at our church so I won't be driving two hours with a Suburban full of kids. ;)


My nephew needed community service hours for school, so I suggested he volunteer for the quiz day. This would have been just his thing when he was younger. 






When we got home from the day, I found Shaun and Amanda and her friend on their second game of Clue. And I fell in love all over again...I adore him.


Amanda's cake. Colorful, sprinklely, over-the-top...just like she is.



December 2
Amanda and I went to see two cousins, Katie and Trey perform in their Irish Step Dance recital. They did such a great job and I was amazed at how many


We parked in front of a bridal shop and exclaimed over the pretty dresses. In no time at all she may be wearing one. There's a crazy thought!


2 comments:

  1. Two things left me gaping at this post: TWELVE??? REALLY??? (excellent looking cake by the way) and goodness look at how TALL Avery is!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.