Friday, December 21, 2018

Project 365, Week 49

I try to take joy in all things but sometimes my life exhausts me. This was one of those weeks. Lots of goodness and lots of challenges.  You know...life!

December 3
Such an honor to celebrate my dad and another year of life. So much of the person I am is because of his constant love and sacrifice. Its also SO much fun to hang out with my siblings. They're just really amazing people.


In a lapse of judgement, I braved the mall with the kids, trying to find Avery a dress to wear for her school concert. Aidan's going to make a good shopping husband some day...so much patience!


December 4
Tough day in the parenting department...Aiden was a champ, stepping up and helping out at therapy.


December 5
Aiden and I enjoy studying Junior Bible Quiz questions together.


December 6
The kids had a half day so we brought them to the office...they love setting up camp where wifi available, unlike home.


One of the boys Aiden has most connected with in his new class moved into our neighborhood this day. I went over and met the parents and brought their boys and their dog back to our house so they could move without distraction. We are so happy Aiden has a buddy to hang with!


December 7
Cold and beautiful morning. I was with the dog, walking and praying out loud. Ginger got a little too far ahead so I called out to her, "Jesus!". Oops!!


I'm trying to wrap presents as they arrive so snooping kids aren't successful. :)


December 8
Little man doesn't do the best sleeping at night. What's been working is if we sleep downstairs with him. He sleeps on one couch, Shaun or I sleep on the other. That's the best way for the rest of the house to sleep through the crying. He sure is sweet though!


Long story, but Aiden has been averse to basketball for a while. Finally this year we told him he didn't have to play. Meanwhile, at his new school, he's been playing basketball at recess everyday and is enjoying it and wants to improve his game. So I called and got him on a waiting list and eventually he got a call. This was his first game with a very "green" rec team. Aiden scored a quarter of the points (of 8 ;).



Amanda helped me in the toddler class and had the kids belly-laughing.


We snagged a couple cousins for a sleepover!


This photo took my breath away, thinking that in a few shorts years this will be Avery with her own child. She is SO gifted with kids.


December 9
Is there a much sweeter relationship than cousins??



More cousins! :)


When I got home from bringing the baby back to his mom I found Aiden and E all snuggled up together. He makes my heart flutter and also I adore her hair.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.