Friday, March 1, 2019

Project 365, Week 8

This time of year is some of our hardest. It happens every year, but still tax season is hard and about this time it starts to wear. I wish we handled it perfectly but every year, we don't. Shaun and I are most definitely better together than apart.

The kids had two days off of school and its nice to have them kicking around. 

February 18
My brother put together a lovely lunch in honor of my SIL's 40th. They have a sweet group of friends and it was fun to celebrate Elizabeth's life.


February 19
I grocery shop while a kid is in therapy...sometimes I'm alone with a podcast and sometimes I have kids plus their friends. The kids are SO helpful with groceries now...they load them on the belt, load them in the car, unload them from the car and put them away. That help might be reason enough to have kids. ;)

February 20
Still getting to know our new library.


February 21
Every six months foster kids have a case review, where the case update is reported to a moderator by all sides. Sometimes there is anxiousness wrapped up in it because big decisions need to be made and sometimes its more of a formality. Either way, its tough to have what we do day in, day out reduced to checkboxes (are doctor appointments up to date?) and brief conversations, experts acting as if they understand what goes into raising these kids for a day, a week or six months.


February 22
No baby weekend, sisters at youth group and Shaun at basketball so Aiden and I cozied up and watched a movie on my Kindle. Two houses ago was the last time I knew how to work the TV, so I haven't known (or cared to know) how to operate our TV since 2013. Unless its family time or to cozy up with someone, I will always prefer a book or even complete silence to TV/movies/shows.


February 23
My occasional workout buddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.