Friday, November 22, 2019

Project 365, Week 42

This was a fun week, I was definitely feeling back on my feet and also the kids had a couple days off of school. And autumn in Connecticut is magical!

In the entire circle of the year there are no days so delightful as those of a fine October. 
~Alexander Smith

October 14
Our annual trip to the orchard on Columbus Day.








Such a treat to have Shaun with us!







I gifted a friend a photoshoot, and I had six kids to help me. :) After her family left, we took advantage of the amazing weather and foliage and had some fun.





Love this crew so much...so fun to watch them growing into people.



October 15
The kids had the day off of school, so Avery got to have Sarah sleep over. We love having her around and she's working on becoming the Rummikub champion.


Aiden is super sweet with D.


I have a teen who needs to practice driving, so when we dropped Dakota off, I got to direct her to stop here, stop there so I could get some pictures. There was SO much splendor everywhere, I couldn't even take it all in.




October 16
Amy organized a day in the city with some of her family and extended the invitation to me. Then surgery happened and as it worked out, the day she had planned weeks before ended up being my follow-up appointment. Not exactly the day she was picturing when she planned it, but she was super gracious in making it work. I love that Colombo thought to take our picture! (I can also see here why many people say "hi Amy!" as they pass me in the hall at church....we're aging into the same person!)


Once we parked and left the rest of the group in Time Square to get show tickets, walked to Sloan. This couple was sitting in the waiting room and I thought it was the sweetest, most symbolic thing. The fight is really a family and community thing.

It is my belief that some of the strongest, most beautiful people in the world hang out in cancer center waiting rooms, both the patients and their support people.

Now, every time I witness a strong person, I want to know: 
What dark did you conquer in your story? Mountains do not rise without earthquakes.


We got in and out, and with a good report, two things that so often have not happened there. We were so grateful but also Amy reminded both of us to not skip out to the waiting room with grins because so many of those still sitting in the waiting room would not have the same results.

We walked to Time Square and killed some time shopping and people-watching.

 




October 17
Its a challenge to drive anywhere these days because every few hundred feet I have a strong urge to pull over and capture the beauty with a photo. Mostly I'm just trying to breathe it in. Only a God like ours could make a season so lovely.





October 18
Pretty sky to start the day! Avery was the one who noticed it and pulled me out and she's there at the end of the driveway taking pictures. :)


I got a kick out of the boys fully engrossed in girly Legos.


Sarah slept over after youth group...they're super sweet and silly together.

October 19
Baseball games are long but it was such a beautiful day out!




Silly girls taking over the kitchen. :)



During half time at Amanda's game, Aiden invited me to walk the path that he had found. It was beautiful and serene and so sweet that he'd known I'd like it.





Fun dinner out...love my crew.


October 20
Breathtaking, everywhere you look.




4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! Also, D often looks like he's thinking, "these people are CRAZY!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pix are stunning!! It's fun to go through them- now a couple weeks later- and be reminded of all the beauty. Like autumn all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are Pop and Kiki in their hats??! Your foliage pictures are amazing! So grateful for the good report and also that C3 took that picture of you two beauties! Two of the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.