Thursday, May 18, 2023

Project 365, Week 19

Who doesn't love the month of May! Even though it can get crazy with sports and end-of-school-year events, its such a great time of being out after a long winter and anticipating all the good things of summer.  

May 8
I tagged along with Avery to watch Jack's baseball game. He was pitching and had one of his best games. Avery and I had a lovely time together.




Family Night...the good, the bad, the ugly.


May 9
Ginger developed a "hot spot" overnight and the vet was able to get us in. Aiden came to help me and he was clear that we had to do whatever needed to be done to get her well. When I explained to him that we believe there should be a limit on the money spent to save an animal he said Mom, Ginger is the best dog. I would rather have her than a nice family car. It was really sweet.

That they posted this one and only sign on the door made me wonder what on earth happened?


May 10
Big day for Amanda! She exchanged her own hard-earned money for a pretty blue car, a 2005 Sable with 120K miles. She got a good deal from a nice couple.


May 11
One day you're feeding your baby french fries at the restaurant to keep her quiet, the next she's treating you to a dinner date. I cashed in on a Christmas present and we had a lovely evening on the patio.


May 12
Ginger woke up feeling more herself, which was a relief. Such a pretty morning on the path.


May 13
Amy and I did our annual farmer's market run at dawn, a favorite tradition. It was such a pretty morning and a good sign that spring is firmly here.




So generously, Sarah came over after work to get Amanda ready for junior prom...hair, makeup and sharing in the excitement. She came up with a hair style that Amanda was thrilled with.





And then it was go-time!



She was stunning! I took a few pics at home, but she chose to not have us join her for the group photos/send off.


(from Instagram)


I picked Aiden up from his soccer game and we joined the crew who got together to see Shaun's mom who was in the state for a few days. The kids had such fun together!


May 14
Mother's Day! After church my people took me out to brunch, where we found our favorite waitress.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.