Monday, November 27, 2023

Project 365, Week 47

Thanksgiving week, and so much to be thankful for. My life is filled to the brim with gifts.

November 20
Monday night taco date with my girl.


November 21
Good news/bad news day...the bad news: I had to go to NY for an MRI two days before Thanksgiving. Good news: because it was two days before Thanksgiving, Shelva was in town and volunteered to drive me. We left at 6 AM and, unbeknownst to me, at 7:30 AM they sent a message through the patient portal that my appointment had been canceled and moved to the following day. Basically, we were on the road for 4+ hours for no reason. It was frustrating, but we had a great time together, even stopping for brunch at Wegmans, where their holiday flowers and cookies were beautifully on display.





My mobility and energy are currently limited but the girls were a tremendous help with food prep and table-setting.


November 22
Practicing hospitality. :)



Avery worked and Amanda had a dinner at Trevor's house with friends.


November 23
The days of heading out early to run the road race on Thanksgiving morning feel a million miles away and I find its ok to kick off the holiday slowly and warmly.  




We had a small crowd this year...just the four siblings on Shaun's side, plus families. All the grandparents and great-grandparents were in Florida and Jared was in Georgia. Though we missed everyone, it was a lovely and relaxing day of games, puzzles, stories, wrestling and disco ball dance parties.







I could not love this family selfie any more than I do. Its made me giggle so many times and I might just blow it up into a big canvas for my wall.
















November 24
Another MRI day, this time my appointment hadn't been reschedule. Traffic was super light and I arrived just in time to watch the sunrise.


Per tradition, we set up the tree and brought up decorations. Avery soon discovered that of the seven strands of lights, one half of one was working. Shaun and Aiden settled in to replacing bulbs and reviving the lights, but it wasn't meant to be. And that is how sagas are born. 😒




November 25
Late in the afternoon Sarah came by since she was home for Thanksgiving break. It was so good to have her around! We miss her but its so good to hear all the ways she's growing, all the opportunities she has. Before she had to leave, we went out to dinner to celebrate Amanda's birthday.




November 26
At some point the kids were all doing homework at the same time, so I brought my laptop over, too and did my Christmas-card-ordering homework. I love hanging out with them, even doing nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.