Tuesday, August 25, 2020

August's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Monday). {Document a snapshot 
of your life; find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

I believe in the value of getting up early (or at least before your kids!) and starting the day with intention. When people ask me how I get up so early, I want to ask them how they don't. ;) The couple hours of morning time I have to myself is key is helping me manage the rest of the day and gives me the best shot of me being my best and giving my best to those I love. Yes its work, yes it takes effort, but the tradeoff, at least for me, is so worth it.

Most days I do weight lifting or HITT for 20-40 minutes, accompanied by coffee.


In the summer, I like to walk around the yard and water and care for the flowers and do maintenance weeding. I'm also on dog-duty in the morning.


My back porch is such a gift. So is God's word.

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103

Cancer, Covid, conflict, a regular Monday...all way more than I can handle and walk through in my own strength and "try hard". 


I vacuum everyday because I like to walk barefoot, but I don't like to step on crumbs. I also wipe down surfaces with bleach, trying to keep us all healthy. It brings me joy to care for my home and my family.


Knowing the day was going to be hot, I wanted Ginger to spend it wet. It took some arm-twisting, but Amanda joined me.


And then I covered the office for the day.


When I got home, Avery was hard at work organizing the game cabinet. Both girls are exceptional organizers and it blesses me when they pitch in.


Its been so great to watch them play soccer again.



But I'm a fair-weather fan. When it downpours, I run to the car! :)


The kids are always anxious to hear their dad's feedback after a game (and they completely discount my Honey, you played great! ;)


Dinner was breakfast sandwiches over funny videos.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.