Thursday, December 17, 2020

Project 365, Week 49

We dipped our toes into December. There is a different feel to it, mostly in a good way. Advent began, and I love building up the anticipation in my heart for the coming King and I love studying the messages of hop, joy, peace and love...always timely. Our calendar is not full of obligations and though its usually full of all good things, we are embracing this year to take it down a bit.

November 30
Avery woke up with a sore throat, so we kept all three kids home. They were able to "tune in" to all their classes and get credit for the day. Glad its not everyday, but its a nice option!

Avery had a video call with the pediatrician who was highly doubtful the sickness was of concern but asked that we get tested anyway. Avery got tested in the parking lot and two hours later we got the call that she was negative for Covid.

December 1

Aiden took a walk with me to help me cut greens for the flower pots. He's good company. 


The game of the week.

December 2


Avery asked if she could finish out the week during school remotely.

December 3

We brought pizza to Pop and Kiki's and spent a nice evening together for my dad's birthday. He has taught the kids the exact right way to dip cookies in milk. For all of my life I've known him to do that.


December 4
We are regularly puzzled why we don't find more people out on the trail. Its very accessible and we've had beautiful weather mornings. Since it was so deserted, we let the dogs off their leashes, which made them feel like hot stuff.


Shaun ran set up a basement pump and Aiden and I showed the vaccant apartment to several people. In between, we had such a great conversation. As a 6th grader, he has an astounding accurate and insightful view of the inner-workings of middle school. He just gets "it"...the unspoken rules, the end game, the popularity economy. I'm biased, but I think he's a remarkable kid. 


December 5
The soccer coach is trying to keep things alive and is holding twice-a-week Zoom practices. 


Beautiful, cozy snow most of the afternoon and evening.


Gavin woke up from his nap and thought of cousins when he saw the snow. Super cute because when my girls were little, they immediately thought of Uncle Nathan when it snowed. Its always good to have people in your life who are wildly enthusiastic about all things snow. :)

(2008)



A kitchen full of people makes me happy.


December 6
The morning after the storm was enchanting.


Amanda and I cozied up for a Hallmark movie. I love that her BFFs made it to the show.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.